EA Sports will release the first title update for FIFA 17 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this week. The update makes a number of gameplay changes and fixes. One of the problems the update addresses is an issue where players would sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move. Additionally, the cut scene for “contentious fouls” can now be skipped.
The FIFA 17 patch also increases the likelihood of making an error on a triple-tap ground cross, while the “general responsiveness” of shooting has been improved.
This new patch also makes a number of visual changes, one of which is fixing an issue involving frame rate during the pre-match skill game. There is also a fix for an issue where the fog from a player’s breath during cold matches “was detached from their position.” Additionally, new components of the 2016/2017 Premiere League broadcast package have been added. We belive it will bring better game experience for players. You can see the full list of FIFA 17 first update patch notes below:
- A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
- A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
- Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
- An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
- Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
- Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
- Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
- Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
- An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
- Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
- General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
- Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
- Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
- Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
- Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs.*
- Addressed an issue where a player’s customized facial features did not display properly in game.
- FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
- Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
- Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
- Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
- Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
- Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
- The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Addressed an issue where the fog from a player’s breath was detached from their position.
General overlay fixes.
*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.